Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's been such a hard time

Hubby and I have been under so much stress here lately. All these doctors and hospital bills that aren't covered by insurance. All the calls that we couldn't answer. And on top of it all our daughter and her boys are living here too. She is trying to help us as we are trying to help her. Yet as we seem to sink so does she.
When hubby was in having the hip surgery. I was walking to McDonald's that is there in the hospital and I started to pass by the financial adviser when I decided to check to see if she was busy. She was not. So I ask her for help. I told her about all the surgeries about not having insurance for one of them for there being so many and was there any help for us?  So she got out the paper work and we started to fill it all out together. Then I went and got my lunch at McDonald's and went back to hubby's room. I told him what I had done and he said oh good.
Well time passed and we heard nothing. and next thing you know we are getting bills from the hospital and all the rest and they all want their money.
So I looked for the number but couldn't find it, but did find another number and gave them a call and asked if they knew what was going on. Well she said we were missing some paper work and until they had that they couldn't give us an answer. and that they had sent us a letter in the mail. Well we did not get anything in the mail. So we asked what they needed got a fax number and said ok we will get that to you yet today. and then we did just that. She said give it two weeks and call and see where its at.
Well yesterday hubby said I should call and see what was going on. For some reason I didn't get to it.  Today he went to the mail, and found a letter saying they accepted us and paid all of our hospital bills. I sat and cried. Just totally cried. Just earlier today I changed my photo on face book. it says:
FAITH IN GOD CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Ok so now it's like I put that up there on my face book page and we get accepted and our bills are paid!
I know I've asked God for help before. and I know it seems like he's not listening, so its been hard for me to believe that there is a God. But why did I put that on my Face Book page today? and when we so needed it now? Because Faith in God Changes Everything!
Yes yes it does. Thank you God. Thank you for sending us help we needed.
Now we still have some bills yet to pay that are in collections but hey they are like a Hugh dragon breathing fire at us any more. Now its just a little lion roaring at us. And I think we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Another good thing. I am fixed up. I got a good report today from the doctor about my knee. I don't need to see him again unless I do something stupid. Now we just have to finish fixing hubby he does still need the other hip replaced. Now it doesn't seem like the world is closing in on us.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad that you were able to get through this unfortunate situation. It could be hard sometimes, but it’s important for us to stay strong, and never lose hope. It’s a good thing you were able to consult with a financial adviser about your problem. Anyway, how is your husband doing? I hope things are a lot better now. Thanks for sharing this with us.


    Jason Hayes @ DECORM

    ReplyDelete