Saturday, December 20, 2014

Way to big Doncha think?

This is Our oldest grandson and me.
We raised him from a baby. he's about 6'3" talk about 300 lbs. and yeah not a baby any more. But grandma calls him baby all the time. I told him he will always be my baby.
When he was little we always told him he could come crawl in bed with us if he had nightmares. He text  me the other night and said he had a very bad night mare, can he come sleep with me? LOL
Umm well that is kinda hard. 1st you live way down town, 2nd it's the middle of the night. and 3rd well your a little too big to crawl in bed with me and grandpa now. He goes I know but it helps to talk to you. I know. I miss him. I mean I knew he was gonna move out some day. after all he is 19 now. But well in my mind's eye he is still 3.
He's still the little boy that climbed up the ladder to help grandpa up on the pole barn and freaked out grandma.
He's still the little boy who helped grandpa "build" the pole barn by nailing in a 5" spike that took him all day to get into the barn, but he was so persistent that he wouldn't give it up.
He is also the same little boy who every time we tried to go some place with out him would cry till he made himself sick and screamed I go with grandpa I go too.
I have a story for you.
He was three. we were here at this house in MN and our daughter was trying to keep him with her. (she wanted to take responsibility for him but he wasnt having it) It was the middle of the week and we were talking about taking a trip to South Dakota that weekend. We asked her if there was any way she could try to keep him? She said sure, she didn't have the problem but he did. Well about that time I said "Hey where is Tj?" and all of a sudden we hear...bump, bump, bump and here comes Tj with a suitcase bigger than him dragging behind him. We asked him if he was going some place? He said "yes South Dakota with grandpa and grandma." We laughed and said we aren't going right now and he started to cry because last time we said that we left with out him and then had to come back and get him. Daughter picked up suitcase and said"OMG what do you have in here rocks?" He goes "no my clothes" sure enough we opened it and he had it packed for a week with all the right clothes.  Underwear and socks included! HE WAS GOING WITH!
Well he did go with. We looked at houses out there and every time we went into a house he would run into a bedroom and go this one is mine. I whispered to hubby "what is he gonna do when he finds out he isn't coming with?" Hubby said "I dont know" Some times when he said this is my room I would say oh no that would be grandma and grandpa's room nut-ball! its the master bedroom and thats ours.
Well when we finally did buy a house he did move with us he had the small bedroom only for about 1 week then he took over the master bedroom and pretty soon we had his baby brother Aj living with us as well. (another long story)
And some how even though we came back to MN and he was suppose to be with mom he would only be with her a short time them beg us to let him come home to live with us again. And we would always figure out a way to bring him back to live with us. We are more his mom and dad than his grandparents but then again we are both!
As far as crawling into bed with us when he has a nightmare? He better just call me, because I dont thing he can fit in between grandpa and me any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment