Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I forgot something

If my parents were still alive, yesterday they would have celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary.
I hope they are still celebrating in heaven.....but because I have a hard time believing in heaven I am probably the only one celebrating.

Hubby and I are up to 40 years now. My parents would have been proud to know their daughter stayed married! You see for my dad it was his second marriage. mom it was her first.  My oldest sister did not stay married to her one and only husband that she married. Neither did my older brother. My youngest sister is still hanging in with her hubby. 

But even though my dad had been married before my mom they always said if you get married stick with it dont just get married for the hell of it do it for love and then work on it. I had heard them talk so often about when you marry someone you dont just rush into it nor do you get married to just get divorced. Marriage was not a game.
Now when hubby and I met we met for like a few hours then he went into the army. Then when he came home we got together again and well that was Jan and by May we were married. and yes in Oct we had our first baby. and yes I was expecting when we got married! And no that is NOT why we got married. We actually had started planning our wedding and set the date tentatively for Sept. 17. Then I found out the baby was due in Oct! Ooops.

And yes many many people in both our families bet against us staying together. But we both knew just knew we belonged together.
It really was fate. even if we didn't believe in fate it was fate. When we think of all the things that brought us together, we know it is fate.
The biggest thing too is the love we have for each other. He is so my other half. And now that we are getting so close to..... well you know we are both in our 60's it can be any time now. SO yeah I don't have a clue to what I would do if he went first. I would be so lost.
But I need to pay special tribute to my parents. They had made it to I think 42 years together before mom passed from cancer. They are what gave me the courage to figure out what I needed to do to keep my husband happy. and not to ever give up. Fight and make up. and Love him. and yes I do.
Happy Anniversary mom and dad! and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Love keeps you together.

    Merry Christmas !!!!!

    I know i an late but..... I hope you had a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received your Christmas wishes Gab, thank you, much appreciated. I was working over Christmas - 12 hour shifts in A&E (ER). Surprisingly very quiet - I was actually bored despite my colleagues and all the food that was brought in. I took cupcakes. This is the first day I have had off so I am chilling, catching up with e-mails then going for a couple of drinks with my brother. Working again tomorrow. I hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you and yours all the best for the New Year from Bonnie Scotland.

    ReplyDelete