Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas part 2

Well went to our daughter's place where I cooked the turkey and daughter did the rest. This year we did not have any gifts for the grand kids. And that probably was ok cause they got enough from mom and her boyfriend to keep them busy for the whole year.
The boys both came home with us and will be here at least a week.
Now for the very part 2 of my story.
Last year just before Christmas we went to FL. to rest relax check out a community that we are hoping to move into and go see Mr. Gab's mom. Well, we got to see her and it was a very good thing we did for less than 1 month later she passed away.
Then in Sept we went up for a family dinner to say good bye to mom and the next morning we went out to the old farm where Mr. Gab grew up. I figured I would cry but surprisingly I did not. The place looked so different than the last several times we had been up there that there just wasn't anything that looked like the farm. Then that afternoon we went to an all family reunion where Mr Gab and one of his brother's made amends as well as I did. The thing is the night before at the family dinner Mr. Gab's sister - in- law who has disliked me from day 1 hugged me and treated me with respect. She also gave us 2 pictures of his parents. the first one when they were first married the second from later in life when I was part of the family.
And then about 2 weeks ago all of a sudden one of his older brothers (the one who shares the same birthday as he does only he is 4 years older than Mr Gab.) He got in touch in Mr.Gab. Shocked his so much. And in between all of this his cousin whom we used to spend so much time with when we were first married also got in touch with us. We went out to dinner with then for 3 whole hours.
And tonight Mr Gab's brother the one who share's his birthday called him. They talked for a good long time. He learned that his brother had had a heart attack and had to have stents put in. I know he would get mad for me saying this but there were tears in his eyes.
We need to figure out how to go visit his brother real soon.
so to sum up right now 2017 has been good and bad. We lost my mother in law whom I loved dearly.
We made up with several family members and got back in touch with a couple that we hadn't talked with for a long time. I'm hoping this mean 2018 means we will be spending time with these people that we "found" again. God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment