Sunday, June 5, 2016

In our back yard

We have a section in our back yard that is a wild life section. Every year we leave the grass grow tall. Why? Well because we have bunnies that come and have their babies there. Oh lets not for get the Ducks. Yes I said Ducks. Today hubby found out mama duck along with some babies were in our back yard. YAY. I love wild life in the cities. And I feed them and I protect them and yeah I fight for them. Our city comes by and DEMANDS that we cut down our grass. stating it attracts things like mosquities and other unsavory bugs. But I say it also attracts a place for the bunnies to be safe and have their babies (one year we had 3 momma's with about 10 bunnies and 3 momma Ducks with about 9 little duckies). I have an old sand box I use as for water so ducks can swim, and I tell the grand kids to just leave the animals alone.
It's also great for them to see these babies and momma's out there to learn about them. So yeah so city I'm leaving the tall grass till all babies are grown and gone. About middle of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment